Saturday, November 27, 2010

A Clear Channel - Day 218

Lately I have been enjoying the work of Diane Ladd. I've been studying her range throughout about 3 decades. A homework assignment I had was to watch Ellen Burstyn in Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore, but I found Diane Ladd's work more interesting. Then I watched her in Rambling Rose....Loved it!! Her daughter, Laura Dern was in both of those films....really nice work in Rambling Rose from the both of them. I can't help but wonder what it's like to come from an acting family and actually get to work together. Now I'm watching a Stephen King series called Kingdom Hospital which I don't remember on TV but all 15 episodes can be rented through Netflix. Here is Ms. Ladd's work about 30 years after Alice.... She is a psychic in this show and still just as charming and solid as ever. This is also my favorite genre being a Stephen King fan and all....the series is dark and humorous all at the same time. For me, the lesson here is sustainability. Even though we are not in the limelight all the time, we are always working. You never know when we will resurface, but the point is to stay in the game. When you're good, there's a place in this business at every age.
I've got about 4 more episodes to watch til the end of the series and then I'll probably go looking for more lessons from my Big Sis Diane Ladd.

No comments:

Post a Comment