Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Clear Channel - Day 211

There is one person I know who probably doesn't have the same Whoopi Goldberg stories that I have and that person is my dear friend Sherri Shepherd. She and Whoopi work together on The View. I met Sherri in a stand-up comedy class when she was still working in a law firm a loooooong time ago. I cannot tell you how proud and happy I am for all of her accomplishments. I remember when she didn't know stage left from stage right and now, after many series regular roles, and hours of stand up comedy here she is co-hosting The View. Most actresses would love to have that opportunity and would be very satisfied, but Sherri has more energy than anyone I know. She can simultaneously work on The View, do a play a night or host a Game Show or even tape her own sitcom and hold it down as a mother as well. She is amazing and I admire that fearless quality about her. I was so blessed to get a role in the pilot episode of the Sherri show. It was a very special surreal type moment for both of us especially since the show was about her life. We were not acting in our scene...it was the real deal.
Sherri is very unique and deserves all of her success. She has a way of making everyone feel special. She's tough & fearless yet soft & sexy all at the same time. And funny! It seems like nothing ever gets her down. And I know she loves the Lord. When we met, she was a Jehovah's Witness and I think she had her first Thanksgiving dinner with me and some friends.
She has come a long way and I know there's more to come.
SHERRI SHEPHERD, I Love You Girl!

1 comment: