Sunday, October 31, 2010

A Clear Channel - Day 216

Watched two Ellen Burstyn films: Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore and Resurrection. Even though she won the Oscar, for Alice..., I felt more connected to the Flo character played by Diane Ladd. I liked Ellen's work in Resurrection much more. The role was extremely challenging and I thought she did a brilliant job. It is the type of role I look forward to adding to my body of work. Ellen was flawless in my opinion. She is like a beautiful, soft-spoken, seemingly shy 2nd cousin that everybody likes until you really get to know her. The cousin you see at family reunions and gush over but as soon as they walk away the gossip starts. And Lord, when you start peeling back the layers of that onion.... Diane Ladd, on the other hand is like that "tell-it-like-it-is" older sister I never had. Nothing phony about her, she's gonna give it to you straight. She would be a big sister that would teach you the ropes. I'm anxious to see her work in Rambling Rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment