Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Clear Channel - Day 2

I'm going to attempt to blog every day this year based on this theme A CLEAR CHANNEL... It keeps me conscious of my goals and accountable if to no one else but me.
Let's start with food. Today I made cashew milk!! I learned about it in a raw/vegan cooking class I took last weekend. It will be used for my breakfast cereal of chopped nuts, dried fruit and oat groats. I know, oat what? I never heard of them either but they taste good. I will also use the cashew milk to make green smoothies and a healthy spinach crepe. All these recipes were provided at the cooking class. It's a series of 4 classes to teach people how to transition to raw/vegetarian diets. The food is actually quite good. This week I'm supposed to be eliminating tons of stuff like soda, meat, dairy, caffeine, refined sugar and much more. Some people would come home and throw away all the food we should avoid, but my Daddy always said, "Waste not, want not." So I'm going to eat what I have and just not buy anymore. I know this sounds like a daunting task but I know I can do it since I've done it before. Back in 1994 I removed sugar and flour from my diet for an entire year. The results were amazing. Then I did the 573 mile AIDS ride. My body was tight! Keeping that vision in mind will help keep me on track. It's easy to control my eating when I'm at home but I tend to slip when I'm out in the world. I've got to have healthy snacks on hand (or just not snack at all) and avoid all my favorite eateries for a while. I chopped up a couple of bunches of spinach for tomorrow's smoothie and crepe. I'll get some more recipes this weekend.
Today I also de-cluttered the home a bit and worked on my record keeping for my income tax. I'm working on 2 years. How did that happen?
I also realized some other places that need clearing. My emails, my Treo and even my DVR. What is it that causes me to pile things up? What am I saving this information for? I need to be saving some money! Well I'm working on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment