Friday, June 11, 2010

A Clear Channel - Day 117

What a wonderful day. First of all, let me say that the weather here in NYC has been quite nice lately. When I first got here it was hot (not as hot as it gets) but the last several days have been just perfect. Even had a little rain which I always enjoy (just not too much of it). I have to thank God for that blessing because I keep forgetting to water my Mom's garden.
Today, I finally got to cross that darn car off the list! I paid for the towing and storage, handed over the title and got my Mom's license plates. Don't know how other people may have handled that, but I really don't care. It's done. I'm not so sure I want her driving anymore anyway. We're taking this one day at a time.
Took my boo to see my girl Sherri Shepherd in LOVE, LOSS AND WHAT I WORE tonight at the Westside Theatre. It was so good to see her on stage and off. That's one hard working sister and a true friend. Before we parted, we prayed about my Mom's situation and the decisions that are before us.
Now, for the piece de resistance: After the car and before the theatre, I went to see my Mom at the "facility". I heard music coming from the recreation room and peeked my head in. Patients were all lined up like they were waiting for a show. There was a man in the front of the room setting up equipment. I thought it was karaoke or something but then he started to sing. Nice voice. I ran back to my Mom's room, plopped her in a wheelchair and rolled her around to the rec room. We sat in the back drinking ginger ale, discreetly giggling and pointing at people. At one point she got a little teary eyed when the singer sang a Nat King Cole song. Wow, I had never seen that before. But then she busted out a big smile watching me do the Electric Slide with the social worker, psychical therapists and some of the patients. To make a long story short, next thing I knew, I was granted permission to take her out for a few hours on Monday. I haven't told her yet, it's going to be a surprise. The "facility" doesn't know this, but I plan on bringing her to the house. She will be thrilled. Unfortunately I have to bring her back. Or do I?......

No comments:

Post a Comment