Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Clear Channel - Day124

Back in LA and hit the ground running. As I stood at baggage claim yesterday waiting for my luggage, I checked messages. Two auditions. By the time I got home...three. Another one was added today. As a matter of fact, I have to go watch a movie to prepare for tomorrow's appointment. Went to the dentist between auditions thinking I could get my teeth cleaned in 15 minutes. What was I thinking? Clearly, I wasn't. Can't stop thinking about my Mom and what she needs right now. Wondering if I have what it takes to step up to the plate. My closest friends tell me that I can do this. At the dentist, I spent so much time chatting with the doctor about my Mom, I ran out of time and had to cancel in order to make it to my second audition in time. I just paid for the session since it was my misjudgment. The doctor did offer some good insight so the visit was of value.
At my last stop before driving home, my car died. Just wouldn't start. Ironically, there was a AAA tow truck in the parking lot I was in helping another member. I caught him just as he was about to pull off, and he gave me a boost in two seconds, off the record. I drove a few blocks home, turned off the engine and it wouldn't start again. I'm so numb right now, I couldn't even get upset. I got my neighbor to give me another boost and I drove to the Honda dealer but they were closed. Since I just came from New York, the land of public transportation, my plan for tomorrow is to call AAA, get a boost, drive to the Honda dealer, then take the bus to my audition. I can do this. I have a dear friend who's an actress and doesn't drive and she makes it to every audition and job she gets. If she can do it, so can I. I'll let you know how I made out.

No comments:

Post a Comment