Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Clear Channel - Day 128

Yesterday I ordered 4 books on Elder Care from amazon.com. I am not playin'. Whenever I enter new territory, I like to be as knowledgeable as possible. I love doing research anyway especially when I get to put whatever I learn into practice. I had started paying attention to the fact that I may have to care for my mother a while ago and the time has definitely come. I want to be armed with a plethora of information and resources in order to make sure that my mother is well taken care of. I certainly don't have all the answers at the moment, I'm not even sure what the questions are, but like I've said before, there are some first steps that need to be taken. Just to make sure I don't procrastinate, God has blessed me with yet another job. I had a callback for a Disney movie today and booked it! I have been on the Disney lot numerous times, but today for some reason, I decided to wander around after my audition. I went to Starbucks, visited the archives and a courtyard with bronze statues of Walt Disney with Mickey and Minnie Mouse and hand prints of many people who have worked for Disney in various capacities. As I strolled around it felt so peaceful like it would be a really nice place to work. They even have their own gym and a wellness center. Oh, and as I was walking into the waiting area for my audition, I ran into a comic friend of mine who worked there. How ironic! We had a long chat after my audition.
So now, I have to get to South Carolina, bring my Mom back to New York and get back here for my shoot in late July. Just a little sumpin' to make this challenge all the more interesting. Let's see how it all works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment