Thursday, June 17, 2010

A Clear Channel - Day 121

The day has finally come. My mom is due to be discharged from the "facility" today. Tomorrow morning my extended family is taking her to South Carolina for a couple a weeks, maybe a month until I can figure out what to do. I am facing some of the hardest decisions I've ever had to make in my entire life. I'm trying to break it down into segments. One thing at a time, but the ultimate question is this: How do I maintain my life, my career and my sanity and take care of my mother at the same time? She wants me to give up everything to come live with her in New York. Gee, that sounds familiar. Isn't that the reason I had to move to California in the first place 25 years ago? How did we get back to this place again? At my Mom's age, she's beginning to revert back to childhood and she wants to take me right along with her. We'd both be playing in the sandbox together. In my opinion, it would be a very sick, twisted, co-dependent, dysfunctional situation. So what are my choices?
Life is so complex. While I am now faced with a decision I've always dreaded, I am also faced with two situations that I've always wanted. A flourishing acting career in Hollywood and a partner that loves me unconditionally. He can't be left out of this equation. I think he has a plan for us, but he's never been one to interfere or tell me what to do. I know he has an opinion about all of this, but he lets me figure things out on my own. I know he supports me and has my back no matter what and that's one of the many reasons why I love him.

1 comment:

  1. What a year! I'm happy for you. Can't wait to hear all about this guy! Sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete