Monday, June 21, 2010

A Clear Channel - Day 123

As I sit here at 7:50AM on this Monday morning waiting for Danny to take to me to the airport, I replay the past 3 weeks in my head. It's all very surreal. To think that the original plan was to take my Mom to South Carolina to see the newest addition to the family feels more dreamlike that the actual events that have occurred. The whole nursing home drama, seeing my Mom as someone I almost don't recognize and knowing that I am responsible for her care is HUGE!! I know it will all work out somehow, but I have no clue how to make it happen. I don't think I'm very good at all this. I will be still and listen for answers, ask for help, do research, whatever it takes...by any means necessary my Mom will be taken care of.
And how does one fall in love in the midst of all this is beyond me, but Daniel Chisolm has been by my side each and every day through this difficult time. And not just holding my hand...we went to see theatre, dance, restaurants, church, BBQ's and spent a lot of time together. We were actually dating after knowing each other for 32 years. And during this amazing time together, I love him more than I ever did before. We're gonna be a teary mess at that airport, my tears have already started.
I'm even contemplating work on the east coast although I love where I live in LA, and my career there is flourishing. Before I left, I felt like I was on the verge of something but here I would be starting all over in a sense. It's intrguing in a way.
First things first, I need to help get my Mom back on track and take it from there. This is not a situation that can be handled quickly. I know I have to come back to New York get our business in order, get my Mom to her doctor and take it from there. I have an idea of what I think the perfect scenario would be, but I am not in charge, God is. I pray to know His will.

No comments:

Post a Comment