Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A Clear Channel - Day 143

Today was a wonderful day. Very healing. It started with my interview on the Los Angeles Women's Theatre Festival's new cable show, SPOTLIGHT. I was interviewed by Florence LaRue of the Fifth Dimension. We talked about my solo show, FIFTY! It Doesn't Look This Good On Everybody and because of my mom's recent changes in her health, the interview was a lot more emotional than I had intended. Florence and the entire production staff was great and Florence didn't let me leave the theatre without of word of prayer for my Mom (who's name is also Florence by the way). I will always remember her for that.
Later today, I drove down to Manhattan Beach and strolled along the pier. Although I am no swimmer (I almost drowned during a water aerobics class in Turks & Caicos) there is something calming about being near the ocean. That's why I live 10 blocks from the ocean. So why did I leave my home and drive down to Manhattan Beach? Because tonight was my first djembe lesson at an adorable little school in that area. For those of you who don't know, a djembe (pronounced GEM-bay) is an African drum. I've always wanted to learn to drum and I'm going for it. I think I'm pretty good at it even though I've already injured myself. Nothing a little ice won't cure.

No comments:

Post a Comment