Saturday, July 31, 2010

A Clear Channel - Day 153

I believe I have found my drum teacher!! I took a class today with a Master drummer named Malik and his class is just what I've been looking for. He's a real African (not African American - whatever that means) from Senegal I think, and he drums for dancers. That is my dream, my goal, my vision..to drum for African dance. His class was quite challenging and very popular. I was able to keep up most of the time, but chickened out when he encouraged me to do a solo and there was a beat toward the end of the class that I just could not get. That will keep me coming back cause I am determined to get it. He teaches on Saturdays and Wednesdays at Motherland Music so that's where you will find me on those days unless I am working. I love that he mentioned at the end of class that drumming is healing. Ahhhh...music to my ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment