Sunday, July 25, 2010

A Clear Channel - Day 147

I love these new blogger stats. It shows me I don't have as many views to my blog as I thought, but it's OK. I notice that at least one person from the Ukraine has read my blog. I have 70 people in the US and 2 people in Canada who have checked out Carlease's Bits N Pieces at one time or another.
Can't stay up too late tonight, I have a 7AM call for my film shoot tomorrow. Today we had a "story conference" which is a fancy name for a table read. It was at Disney and the entire cast was there. It's a big one! Mostly high school kids. Very cool, hip, fun and talented high school kids. I'm very excited to be a part of this project.
In between all the excitement, I had two lengthy phone conversations with my god-brother about my Mom and he put some things into perspective for me. Looks like another trip back east is forthcoming. First I'm going to wrap up this film project which should take until the end of August.
Well, I thought I was so smart linking my new mobile phone to my computer only to discover I've erased all my contacts from the phone!!! At least they are on the computer somewhere...don't have time to deal with that right now. Gotta get my beauty rest so I'll be ready for my close-up.
I love you Danny Chisolm...just the way you are!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh those blogger stats! While I have not viewed your blog every day, I do usually find myself logging on and catching up on week's worth of posts, or more. However, you have truly been on my mind every day. A few years ago my mother had a major surgery on her back and had to spend a few weeks in a nursing home. It was the most horrible experience and I really hated going there but found myself spending 6 to 8 hours a day there with her so she would not be alone, and because I was not feeling the staff. So we always had a family member there, even overnight. The saga continued for almost 2 years where mom needed care. It really took a toll on the family, and to this day there is still some tension between sisters, although we have worked to move past it. I really feel what you are going through. There were many days when I was so close to opening up a can of whup ass on a doctor, caregiver, physical therapist.... you name it. It is good to hear that you are taking a step back - this is so important. You cannot be of much help to your mom if you allow yourself to get burned out or feel that no one else can take care of her the way you would. I know it is hard, but you are doing the right thing. I honestly don't know if there is anything I can do to help, but if you think of something, you only have to ask. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your mom. Hope your first day of shooting the Disney movie went well. Love you, Candace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this beautiful post, Candace. This caregiver role is truly the most difficult thing I've ever had to endure. It's so emotional on every possible level. There's so much I don't know but I don't even know the right questions to ask. One thing I do know, is I accept help from almost anyone who offers. I just pray that I make right decisions, and really try to leave the rest up to God. Just your spirit, presence, good thoughts and prayers are enough to keep me going. Thank you and hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete