Saturday, September 4, 2010

A Clear Channel - Day 185

It's amazing how quickly dreams can come true. Just a few short weeks ago I blogged about how I wanted to drum for African dancers. Today that dream became a reality. After drum class I hung out with the master drummers at Lulu Washington's Dance Studio. They invited me to sit in with them and drum. What an experience! And I thought drum class was fun. I caught a glimpse of myself in the studio mirror and thought, "I look pretty cool. I could get used to this." Wait til I get my own drum. Throughout the years I've always been attracted to percussion instruments but never really learned how to play any one of them. I really like the djembe. I was really getting into it at the dance studio and before I knew it, class was over. I will be back.
It's Labor Day weekend and I'm driving down to Palm Springs with some friends tomorrow. I've been so busy working and handling business for my mother, I want to feel like I've had a bit of a holiday.
Now I'm going to go do something girlie, like polish my nails. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment