Friday, September 10, 2010

A Clear Channel - Day 190

My computer guy had to come back today to see why the computer has been freezing up for the past 2 or 3 days. The print and colors still seem light to me but so far no freezing. That's the good news. The bad (not really) news is that he downloaded a game that I absolutely love to play and avoided because I know it will turn me into a vegetable. I don't want to say what it is in case he put on illegally. I've already missed phone calls because I was in the middle of a game and I have a vision of friends and neighbors doing an intervention. There is probably a 12 step group for _______ addiction out there somewhere. Obviously I pulled myself away to do this blog but will I be able to go to bed without playing again? Yikes. That's all I need.
I had a long conversation today that put my mind at ease as to my mother's care. I'm putting some things into place that I feel will help a great deal. I don't want to overwhelm her so I will proceed with caution.
My friend Diane was in town for a commercial audition today and we got to hang at the Sugar Shack. The Sugar Shack is a very unique living space. It's a communal arts colony. Being an only child, I'm so not use to sharing anything but it's kinda cool to vibe on so many people sharing the same space and making it all work. It was actually quite laid back. It's a cross between Woodstock and The Michigan Womyn's (you must spell it with a "y") Music Festival I love being around creative artsy people anyway so it was fun to watch adults and kids living, working and playing simultaneously. Diane's friend has that place so organized. It's amazing. I must take my Beloved there when he comes to visit. I don't think he's seen anything like it. We'll have lots to chat about on the way home from the Sugar Shack.

No comments:

Post a Comment