Sunday, September 19, 2010

A Clear Channel - Day 197

Now that I've gotten some important business out of the way, I am relaxed and ready to go to New York to see my Mom and my man!! I just finished producing, hosting and headlining my comedy show last night and found out that I don't really need to wear all three hats. I usually just host and produce but there were a couple of requests for me to headline one night. I never had the urge to do that and now I know why. It's like working on a 9 - 5 job all week then coming in on Saturday for free. That doesn't make much sense does it? For those of you who were at the show, I hope you enjoyed it cause it probably won't happen again. I also had a two day workshop that I've blogged about before. It was the third and final part in a series of workshops intended to help actors discover their brand. I wasn't overjoyed with the first two workshops but knew that what I wanted was in this last one. I'm sure the series was designed that way intentionally. I have a tendency to finish what I start no matter how painful, but this time I was not disappointed. Now only did I get a wealth of information but I can continue to do this work on my own and can already see its value in other areas of my life. It's even connected to my relationship with my mother and my mentor gave me some parting words that made quite an impact on me. I will not be posting them here....for my eyes only. Also had a conversation with my Hawaiian Goddess friend Ayin who really brought it all home for me. That's going in my personal journal as well. Bottom line, I'm excited to get to be with my Mom AND to spend time with my Beloved.

No comments:

Post a Comment