Sunday, September 12, 2010

A Clear Channel - Day 191

As I said so many times before, care giving can be a beatch!! I have been working very diligently to put some things in place for my Mom's care and thought I had it all figured out. Then I shared it with her and she opposed. Now I feel like all that work was in vain and I had a moment of feeling unappreciated. My Mom is not acting out of character. You would think I would be used to it by now. The good news is, maybe she's getting better. It's hard to tell over the phone, I'll know more when I'm there in person. I have to let her come to some decisions in her way at her own pace at this point. I can't dictate, control or take her dignity away from her. In the words of my program..."don't dominate, nag, scold or complain." I've been advised by one of the members of my team to "Go with the Flo". Brilliant!! My mother's name is Florence, Flo for short. All in all, I just want what's best for her.
I'm just so grateful for my extended family who has stepped up to the plate to help us both.

No comments:

Post a Comment