Sunday, September 12, 2010

A Clear Channel - Day 192

I can't believe my computer is stuck. Again. I think it's time for a second opinion. For some reason, I had wanted to try a new computer guy, but my neighbor gave me the wrong number before she went out of the country so I called the old computer guy. Even though he has definitely made some improvements and gave me a really cool game, he can't seem to figure how why it just gets stuck. Part of me wants to call him again and part of me wants to call the new guy. After all, there was a reason I wanted someone new in the first place. Only thing is, I can't expect the new guy to fix an old problem for free whereas the old guy has to. I just want it to work correctly. I'm leaning toward calling the new guy (who is right here in the neighborhood by the way) tomorrow. I'll sleep on it and ask for the answer when I wake up.
Today my Beloved and I started on the journey of A Purpose Driven Life. I don't know how many of you know this but I am a self-help junkie. It all started back in the day. While still living at home with my parents I was drawn to Wayne Dyer's "Pulling Your Own Strings" and I was hooked. All these years, I've read book after book graduating to CD's and seminars and have always done the exercises by myself. I can't believe I now have someone in my life who is as interested in self improvement as I am. What a blessing. I'm so not used to this. In the past, the people I have chosen to enter my inner circle have not only been disinterested in making a better life for themselves, but have worked very hard at trying to prevent me from acheiving my goals. Danny and I had an amazing discussion about Chapter One of A Purpose Driven Life today. I look forward to this 40 day journey (and beyond) with him. He is not playin'. "Be careful what you wish for."

No comments:

Post a Comment