Sunday, May 23, 2010

A Clear Channel - Day 100

Woke up at 4AM and couldn't get back to sleep. I started thinking about all that I needed to do to prepare to go take care of my Mom. A friend of mine told me yesterday to get a good nights sleep and when I woke up I would know what to do. I was feeling so bad that I wasn't with my Mom already and that I had two jobs that would prevent me from leaving until Wed. I got up made a list. I waited a while before calling my Mom because I thought it was too early. When I finally called, I was surprised that she had had surgery already. She said they operated on her knee around midnight and she was in her hospital room about 2:30AM. None of us expected that. She sounds great. In good spirits, very comfortable and happy with the hospital and its staff but admitted that she could really feel the pain today. Well I guess so! She's had visitors and lots of phone calls even from my dear friend Mark Maxwell-Smith. I feel so much better now. I went out this evening to make a red carpet appearance at a Harvey Milk Day party then to see my friend David Dean Bottrell in STREEP TEASE. Now, it's all about work and leaving for New York. Tomorrow I get to focus on me and what has to be done around here. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment