Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Clear Channel - Day 88

If my life had played out the way I thought it was going to a few months ago, I would be wrapping up solo show performances in Dublin, Ireland right about now. It was because of this potential conflict that I believe I was not cast in a play I went to see tonight. If anyone reading this knows where I was this evening or has been following this blog for a while you might be able to figure out what play I am blogging about. First of all, let me say, that I may never know the actual reason why I was not cast, but it doesn't really matter since this was all about a bigger plan. After seeing this piece tonight, I am glad that I am not a part of this show. I'm not even quite sure I ever wanted to be but my agent submitted me, it was a show in town and I thought, "What the heck, let's see what happens." I probably should not have auditioned for the play at all. I knew the entire month of May was pretty much booked up with or without the Ireland gig. Not to mention all the wonderful things that have been happening career wise that I couldn't even foresee.
I went to the theatre ready to enjoy this Los Angeles Premiere. It was a high school, maybe really good college level production at best. I'm not hating on it because I'm not in it, but there were so many things I could go on about and not in a good way. Technical difficulties, a weak adaptation of a successful TV miniseries and novel, disconnected ensemble acting and some boring songs made this a very disappointing night of theatre. I really wanted to enjoy this. Even as I type this, I want to say something positive so badly, but nothing comes to mind. Even the theatre itself and its artistic director make me feel uneasy. Something inauthentic going on there for me. Oh well, there I said it. It is simply my opinion on my blog site and I'm speaking my truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment