Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Clear Channel - Day 91

Day two of my aptitude test with the Johnson O'Connor Research Foundation. It's going to take me a minute to process the results, but what I can tell you right now is I scored very high in memory skills and musical ability. There was also exploration about more strength in my left hand than my right which seems to be odd for a right handed person. It's possible that genetically I could be left-handed but was trained to be right-handed. I do remember my teachers in elementary school noticing that I wrote with a left-handed slant with my right hand so they taped my paper to the desk to force my writing to slant the other way. Interesting. Since I was adopted, this makes sense. Hmmmm. Some aspects of my personality indicate that I could be a good manager which opens up so many possibilities I can't even go into it right now, but one that stood out was the Dean of an Arts Department at a University. Ironically, my friend from high school, Parker, recently shared that he could see me doing that.
I also scored high in an area called foresight, which means I can see the big picture, set my sights toward it and find a way to get there no matter what.
I was encouraged to add more music to my life maybe in the way of a hobby since comes so natural for me and I have a passion for it. I'm excited about moving forward with that.
The only portion of the test that was knowledge based was vocabulary and I could use some improvement in that area. I'm always interested in learning new words so I'll be working on that.
I've wanted to take this aptitude test for a long time and now that I have, I'm not disappointed. There's a lot to read and process, but I like knowing that my three strong areas are Artistic, Social and Enterprising (that's where the managerial skills come into play). I know now to focus on my strengths and it's OK to avoid my weak areas. I think you should too. For example, if you ever need brain surgery and find out I'm your neurosurgeon? Run!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment