Thursday, May 6, 2010

A Clear Channel - Day 86

This just in! This morning I was able to wear my gray "audition" business suit after finding out that the pants were too small just a few months ago. Wow! Talk about motivation. All the stuff I've collectively been doing to lose weight and improve my health is totally working....Yay!! The pants fit so comfortably I had them on long after I returned home from my audition without even realizing it. A few months ago, I couldn't wait to get home to rip them off and if I remember correctly, I probably had them unbuttoned in the car.
I'll be going on a 3 mile walk tomorrow. Ain't no stoppin' me now...
Had a voice over audition this morning for an animated project that had already been done in South Africa with African actors. They are re-dubbing it with American voices for the U.S. I would be the voice of a bird. (Can't tell you much more than that). It was a fun audition...I'm really getting into this vo stuff. The third take was the charm, warmed up and let it rip!! The booth director had a big smile on his face. A smile that wasn't there when I walked in the room. I almost asked him what was wrong, but decided it wasn't my business. I was there to get a J O B. Speaking of which, my second audition (hence the business suit) was for an industrial. The young man I was reading with seemed rather antsy. Come to find out he needed to get back to "work". When he asked me what time I had to be back to my job, I told him, "This IS my job son." Everyone has to start somewhere right? Can't figure out what's worse, bland industrial copy or a bland actor focused on being somewhere else. It's out of my hands now. I did my part. I showed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment