Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A Clear Channel - Day 85

Whenever I have an early appointment during the week, one of my guilty pleasures is listening to the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Those fools are crazy! Steve, his nephew Tommy and Shirley Strawberry in particular. Steve starts off at 6AM with some thought provoking, positive, "you can do it" type message followed by a gospel song. Then all hell breaks loose for the next 4 hours!! There's no telling what will come out of his mouth, but I know it's a feel good kinda morning. For a while, he wasn't on here in LA (he moved to NY) and I truly felt like I had been abandoned. Even though I don't listen everyday, it's nice to know he's there.
So today, my early appointment was a commercial audition. Came back home with every intention of getting some stuff done around the house then head back across town to work out. I did the back and forth thing yesterday right? Well, I forgot the affect Cinco de Mayo would have on the traffic. I just wasn't feeling it, so I turned around and came back home. I was all dressed to work out so I took a nice long walk. I went to the track at SaMoHi and for the first time there were no students on it, so I got to play. I am definitely an evening workout person. My favorite part of the day is when day turns to night. There were many others like me out there. The track was soft and kind smushy and I started having flashbacks of being on the track team when I was in high school. Almost started to sprint, but held myself back. Knees are doing good, don't want to mess up now. This is the longest time I've been able to consistently workout without hurting something. I used to think I had some weird exercise curse...so much so I've written it into my comedy act. Still gonna do that bit though...it's funny! I did 4 laps around the track + plus the walk to and from my home = well over a mile.
They say when you accomplish a goal, you should reward yourself. My reward this evening was totally appropriate to the day....a nice salad and a shot of tequila! Happy Cinco de Mayo!!! YeeHa!!

No comments:

Post a Comment