Friday, May 21, 2010

A Clear Channel - Day 98

Such a pleasant day on set today. I love my work and like I said yesterday, it's fascinating to watch all the players doing their thing. I enjoyed working with this particular director and production team immensely. I knew I would at the callback. This director certainly knows what he's doing and has a way with actors that is rare in this business. Totally in control yet very calm, generous, confident. A sort of quiet strength that I find so admirable. I haven't felt this way since I worked with Steven Spielberg on The Terminal. Can't explain, but very memorable. Now, don't get me wrong I'm not putting down ANY director I've worked with, but there was something special here. I firmly believe the tone of the project starts at the top. For so many people all working at the same time, in a huge space, it was extremely peaceful. Not once did I hear anyone yelling. There was not a lot of shushing going on. My co-star on this job was the very talented Nick Toth, who's face you have seen in commercials and episodics and he does voice overs as well. Just a fantastic day. We even did a take that will never make it on air, just for sh*ts and giggles. Definitely rated R for strong language.
The food was amazing too and not just lunch, but craft services had the most delicious treats. I thought I was at an upscale party with the trays being passed around all day. I'm gonna have do some extra walking this week.
So what is this job you ask? Keep your eye out for a GEICO Insurance spot (possibly in July). It will be me and Nick and a bird in the hand. Sorry followers....no gecko.

No comments:

Post a Comment