Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A Clear Channel - Day 55

Looks like it might be a quiet week. Pilot season seems to be over. I think I went out for more films than TV pilots this year. I'm grateful to be in this business but anxious to know what it will feel like to have a steady acting job. I welcome the day when I don't have to look for work every single day of my life. This is the difference between having a job and having a career. I want the two to become one...an on-going job in this career.
Tonight I was a guest at CeCe Antionette's Actors Circle Lab. The focus was on comedy as medicine: stand-up and comedic acting. An actor named Allen Robinson and I represented comedic actors and did a scene to demonstrate the night's theme. Then the participants of the class acted out some scenes and we gave feedback. Remember the comic Robin Harris (BeBe's Kids)? His wife was in the class. Maybe she's interested in doing some acting. I had never met her before. She's a very nice lady and many references were made using Robin's work as an example of comedy, characters, universal topics, etc. It felt nice to give something back.

No comments:

Post a Comment