Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A Clear Channel - Day 62

I went to the Caregiver agency today and it was not actually in the same building as Agape (see previous week's blogs) but in the same complex. I filled out an application and had a very pleasant interview. I got a good vibe from the office the entire time I was there and overheard snippets of what types of seniors I would possibly be working with. During my interview, it was obvious that I did not have extensive experience working with seniors with special senior needs and because of my career, I could only be a fill in caregiver. I can not take any long term or overnight assignments. When I asked about the pay, I was told I would get W-2's (taxes would be taken out). Hmmmm.....without going into detail, I don't think that will work for me. I need to get my hustle on New York style. Some of you who are reading this may know exactly what I mean. This particular caregiver job is not going to help MY needs. I've got some other irons in the fire. I need to stay out of panic mode and take care of things for myself that I won't be able to do when the next project comes along. It's so much easier said than done, but I must constantly remind myself of that fact. Right now I have to wear an employer and employee hat at the same time. No easy feat.
I drove into Pan Pacific Park to meet with a fitness trainer who was supposed to be having a bootcamp going on this evening. I decided to go early to get my walk on so that no matter what I would get my 30 minutes in. I never did see this young lady, but just as I started walking, I ran into a recent new friend of mine. We walked the path together, she showed be how to workout on the park apparatus and I got a great workout. Feeling good.....!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment