Thursday, April 29, 2010

A Clear Channel - Day 78

OK, let me start by saying I worked everything out with Delta Airlines. My mom and I have our reservations, but someone neglected to email her itinerary with mine. I now have paperwork and confirmation numbers for both of us. Whew! I have to admit, it must have been a bit confusing with the Ireland cancellation and crediting that money three different ways.
Tonight was my final class in Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University. The class was 13 weeks long and I only missed two classes (both times because of work). I totally intend to follow through with his program online, through his books and his radio & TV broadcasts. I came home after his class tonight and added up a bunch of receipts I had been keeping since we started. I've been paying cash for most things since we cut up our credit cards. I realized tonight that I hadn't been spending as much as I thought on food but it felt like a lot because of the type of food I've been eating and my random spending habits. Now that I have a better idea of what my food budget should be, I need to go food shopping like my mother did...once a week. I think I would make healthier choices that way. Right now I see that I make frequent trips to the same eateries and apparently love very specific unhealthy foods! They say one or two small changes can make a big difference. Let's see what happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment