Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Clear Channel - Day 61

What a great day!! It got off to a slow start but everything turned out well. I had a gig for Shanti Orange County at a restaurant called The White House in Ahaheim, CA and I was treated like the First Lady! Everyone was so gracious, kind, loving and appreciative.
Sometimes we figure out what we want in life by experiencing what we don't want and comparing all of this week's adventures, today is the feeling I want always. There were two main performances, the hilarious and very talented Soul Sisters and me. The first act was so good I was wondering how I would even follow them but it all worked out perfectly. I made a lot of news friends and Laugh-A-Latte has some new fans. It was also nice to reconnect with The Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence again. Thank you to Jack Nemeth for adopting me into the Shanti family. I was even asked back right there on the spot! Shanti OC does such good work for the community and for anyone who needs help as a result of HIV or AIDS regardless of race, gender, or sexual orientation. I was totally prepared to do my 30 minute set and hightail it back home, but because I didn't really get a chance to eat Jack and Eric invited me over to their beautiful home and then we went out for dinner. That's how you handle business! I can tell Jack and I are foodies and we talked about being on a cruise together. Lord, we would do some major damage at the buffet table!!
One of my new OC friends was looking for me on facebook by my first name only and discovered I don't know how many other Carlease's....spelled exactly the same way! And it seemed like we're all Black females. What? I got go now and create a facebook page for us. I need to do some research. And for all these years, I thought I was the only one.

No comments:

Post a Comment