Monday, April 19, 2010

A Clear Channel - Day 69

Spent most of the afternoon twisting and braiding my hair. I leave it braided for about a day to let it air dry to achieve that crinkly effect. It's a much softer look than just straight locks.
Then I went to Pan Pacific Park to workout with Fee King. The first time I saw this sista was at The Los Angeles Women's Theatre Festival a few years ago. She was performing an excerpt of her solo show and I did a stand-up comedy set. Her work inspired me to complete my solo show and I was a part of that same festival this year (just about 3 weeks ago to be exact). Now she is inspiring me in another way...she is conducting a fitness bootcamp and what a workout we had this evening. The time and place is perfect for me. In the evening just before the sun goes down and outside. That has always been my favorite part of the day, when day turns to night. I don't know why, but my body reacts like it's morning. This is when I'm just getting started, the most energetic, the most creative...I don't know, maybe I'm part vampire. I plan to stick with the bootcamp, continue with my walking AND work with Fee as she starts her weight loss challenge on May 1st. Watch out ya'll...soon you won't recognize me! Fee already said it looks like I have lost some weight since the last time we've seen each other. She said I even look smaller than some recent facebook pictures. Speaking of facebook, I've gotta go post how fabulous she is on her wall. Check her out...Fylicia King. I may have spelled her first name wrong, but you'll find her somewhere on my page or amongst my friends. She rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment