Saturday, April 17, 2010

A Clear Channel - Day 66

SALAM, SHALOM. Enemies...Another Love Story. This was the play that I went to Friday evening to support my dear friend Avner Garbi. He was one of the leads in this extremely well written, compelling drama about a love affair between two people of different cultures. Sound familiar? Romeo & Juliet. Westside Story. Similar, but the difference here was that the lovers were both men, one from Palestine and the other from Israel. Avner expertly crafted the role of the father of the Palestinian man. The acting was excellent overall although I did have my favorites. One thing I love about theatre and the arts in general, is that you can learn so much about people, human nature, cultures and different parts of the world while being entertained. And yet, most of us humans have more in common that we care to acknowledge.
Avner and I have been friends and colleagues since 1988 and he has always been there for me. It was a joy to go out for a bite to eat after the show, with the other leads and the playwright even though I knew I had to get up early to do my Saturday walk in Griffith Park. More on that later...

No comments:

Post a Comment