Friday, April 2, 2010

A Clear Channel - Day 51

Whew! I feel like I can breathe again, again. After all these months in anticipation of this festival I tonight, one of the things I did not anticipate was a light audience. I tried very hard not to feel like I was a part of the "step-festival" (the festival after the festival), but I couldn't help but notice that all of the attention seemed to be placed on performances from March 25 - March 28. I was a part of the West Hollywood 25th anniversary festival at a completely different venue. I was told they gave the festival a grant, but the money was apparently spent somewhere other than promotion and publicity. There wasn't even anyone from the City of West Hollywood in attendance from what I could tell. The tickets were moderately priced and there were 4 diverse, strong and well executed performances (mine included). Even though the numbers were small, the audience was very receptive and seemed to appreciate our work.
On a positive note, I had a few friends there, two of which I really wanted to see this show and I got it filmed so now I will have a shortened version of my show for my own marketing purposes. My new solo artist friend, Steven Fales "Mormon Boy" and I went out for coffee after and had another one of our great chats about the "business". We talked about my intentions for my show in the future. One of the things I notice about him is that he is very clear about who he is and what his goals are as a solo artist. Since I don't really want to tour at this time, I'm planning on focusing on doing it here in town as a showcase.
It was also nice to see Tico Wells. Hadn't seen him in a long time. He looks so good and he's written a book! Writers and authors are my heroes. I got an autographed copy and will be having lunch with him soon.
My lil sis Evita was there tonight, and now that this is over, we can work on my new business, Ask Stage Mom.
More will be revealed...

No comments:

Post a Comment