Friday, August 13, 2010

A Clear Channel - Day 163

Started reading the book on proprioceptive writing before I went to sleep last night and ended up tossing and turning for what seemed like hours. I originally thought it would be something I could incorporate into this blog, but it is not. It's a very deep, spiritual, therapeutic type of writing which should remain private and not placed in a position where it can be judged. Obviously this blog is anything less than private. Despite the fact that there are hardly any comments (I wish there were more) I know people are reading. I know who's lurking in the shadows but there are also strangers who check in from time to time. Either way, I know some of you are judging what I write, how I write etc. and I have no problem with that. Believe me, I will never post anything here that I don't want people to know. Or judge. Or comment on. However, if I go the proprioceptive route, I would not be able to be completely honest with myself or anyone else. I would too conscious of my "audience". So I will continue to read the book and save those "writes" for my journal.
Speaking of an audience. I did stand-up tonight for the first time in a while. I did a couple of elder care jokes followed by some tried and true material. I had a good set, nice audience up there in Ventura County and had fun doing some improv, but I must say the best part was hanging out with my buddy Jason Dudey. We enjoyed our road trip. It was long overdue. Thanks Jennie McNulty for the gig!

No comments:

Post a Comment