Monday, August 16, 2010

A Clear Channel - Day 167

In my morning prayer and meditation today I realized that "A Clear Channel" is only 1/2 of my theme for this year. I don't wish to disclose the other half but I realize that I only have a little over 4 months to make it happen. I still feel like I'm moving in the right direction, but I've had so many huge & unexpected events happen that could throw me completely off track if I'm not careful. So I'm stepping up my game. I must make a stronger effort to commune with God on a daily basis...just special time with him, not all mixed up in my day. Music is prayer for me but I feel I need to use my own words. Praise Him, express my gratitude and ask Him for what I need. My beloved is so good at that and reminds me on a daily basis when I start trippin'.
I found myself in Culver City today with time to kill and all of a sudden I felt a calling from my dear friend Nell Carter. She passed away in Jan. of 2003 (I can't believe it's been that long) and even though I was at her funeral, I never saw where her body was laid to rest. I had a strong urge to visit her today so I did. There she was at a Jewish cemetery, in a mausoleum on top of a six person stack. I couldn't help but comment, "Leave it to you Nell to have us looking up at you. There's nobody higher but God." I thanked her for her friendship and for helping me out of a major jam just before she passed away. She told me to never mention it and today I declared us even. She is definitely one of my angels and I asked her for a special blessing.
I then took myself on a little shopping spree. Gotta keep up with my sweetie. He dresses his *ss off and loves to go out so I gotta keep up. See, my fashion strategy has always been go lots of different places but with lots of different people so I could recycle the same outfits over and over again. Back in New York I could never get away with that. I was always buying something new for the next event. I'm starting to like dressing up again. It's a good thing.
Went to my first Caregiver Support Group at Leeza's Place. I got to share my story and got confirmation that I am doing the right thing. I'm doing all I can and the best I can. That's what makes it right.
At home, I prepared a couple of recipes for the week and ended the day by signing up for Deepak Chopra's 21-Day Meditation Challenge. The message I keep getting is that I must take care of myself more than ever at this stage of my life and that's exactly what I plan to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment