Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A Clear Channel - Day 181

Spent a lot of time on the phone attempting to set up appointments for when I return to NY to handle business for my Mom. I learned some new info today as I entered the world of geriatric care managers. One of the things that struck me was how a case manager assured me that she could find ways of taking care of my Mom without us having to use our own money and without losing all of our assets yet the cost for this is astronomical. There is a price to pay for living longer. I'm not saying that we shouldn't try to live as long as possible, but at what point does one get to enjoy all that they have worked for and not have to worry about people taking advantage of them? I hope I'm making sense because this is quite confusing to me. I wish my Mom had a family that was willing to work together to help take care of her. They say it takes a village but our village has a very small population. Except for my beloved Danny and my godbrother Harvey every one else expects payment for their services. And this little home attendant I hired is taking us for a ride too. I called my mother's house today, they were at the doctor's and the answering machine wasn't even on. That may sound petty, but for what I am paying her, that phone should never go unanswered. People had been over to the house yet no one has seen her. If I cut her pay like I want to, she needs to work for the next three weeks and not expect a check from me. When I get back to NY, I'll take it from there. This is just a rant tonight people....a stream of consciousness.
Wanted to wash my hair for my big prom scene on Thurs. but now I have two auditions tomorrow (you know I'm grateful). As some of you know, the hair thing is a two day event. Now I will just have to tighten up the front and hopefully pile it all up on top of my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment