- The vegetarians say don't eat meat.
- The vegans say don't eat meat or any diary products.
- The raw foodists say don't eat meat, sugar, flour, caffeine, diary, oil, soda or anything cooked.
- The doctor says don't eat salt, fat, fried foods, or red meat.
- The blood type guy says I can't eat chicken, avocado, tomotoes or ketchup.
- The muslims say don't eat pork.
- Caroline Sutherland says don't even eat fruit.
- Weight Watchers says don't eat more that a certain number of points.
- Spark People says don't eat more than a certain number calories.
This is ridiculous and not going to work for me. I've heard it said if you concentrate on lack, you attract lack. So I need to concentrate on what I can eat. Seriously. I went to a "food meeting" last night and was reminded of what has worked for me in the past. As the groups members shared how many pounds they lost in ___ number of months, I knew I was in the right place. If I just do what they did, I could achieve the same results. It will require a commitment on my part, and discipline. I will have to be accountable to someone and be willing to do what they tell me to do. I've shared in my blog before how I need to learn to ask for help and here's a perfect example. I don't have to do this alone. It's obvious that I can't. I'll just have to get over myself and not let my rebellious nature take over. It's such a weird contradiction. I know I can't go at it alone yet I resist having someone help me. Huh???? You know what they say...Doing the same thing, the same way over and over again yet expecting different results is the definition of insanity. God, grant me the serenity.....