Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A Clear Channel - Day 42

I went to an very interesting meeting tonight.  It was recommended by my food mentor (sponsor) so I thought it was going to be all about food. Imagine my surprise first of all that there were probably over 100 people there and as we went around the room to introduce ourselves just about every 12 step fellowship was represented: Alcoholics, Al Anon, Debtors, Food Addicts and Sex & Love Addictions and more.  I'd never seen anything like it.  Tonight was the last of a 13 month workshop so there was food (I couldn't eat) and sharing about how what individuals got out of the workshop.  What I heard was transformation, amazing, recovery. It's hard to describe, it was more of a feeling, an experience.  I tend to shut down when I hear glowing, flowery testimonies or when I feel like I'm being sold a bill of goods. That can get a little cultish.  But I didn't feel that tonight.  The was lightness, sincerity and humor.  My sponsor is going through the workshop again and she said I can use it as one of the three meetings I need to attend each week.  Okay.....here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment