Sunday, March 21, 2010

A Clear Channel - Day 39

Looong day today.  Started off at a screening of Alice In Wonderland at the Directors Guild.  Didn't think the movie was spectacular even though I like Johnny Depp and Tim Burton's work.  I enjoyed the 3D effects most of all. Helena Bonham Carter stole the movie in my opinion. The girl that played Alice was quite good also.
Then went to a fundraiser at Baja Fresh Hollywood but not before witnessing a huge gusher on LaBrea and Sunset right outside the old Charlie Chaplin stages. It looked like there had been a car accident and one car was right at the base of all this water shooting out of the ground. I don't know how the passengers got out of the car safely.  There were police and fire trucks all around and people had their phones and cameras out.  There were even people sitting in the middle of the streets.  They must have been tourists.
The fundraiser was well attended and a nice fellowship.
Then I drove down to Long Beach for Laugh-A-Latte.  Lord, that audience made us work tonight.  As a comic, you just never know what to expect.  Sometimes you can ride the wave of the energy in the room especially when to audience is ready to play and other times it feels like you've got to drag them kicking and screaming into laughter. Then again, as a comic/host I tend to feel responsible for setting the tone.  So who really knows? It's a two way street.  Give and take.
I saw yet another friend who has shed a massive amount of weight.  I am so inspired by all these people lately who for one reason or another has decided they want to live a long, healthy life. So I'm going to buy that scale tomorrow and start my new food plan on Monday.  It will require some major changes in my life.  I realized this evening how many invitations I have accepted because food was involved.  It will be interesting to see how that changes (if it changes) and how my budget will be affected by my new way of eating.
I checked out the L A Marathon route because I was thinking of riding my bike in it next year, but I see they have a new route from Dodger Stadium to the ocean with no bikers.  Oh well, I'll just start riding my bike on my own since I live right near the ocean anyway.  I just hope I can get to the Geffen for Daniel Beatty's show tomorrow.  By car.

No comments:

Post a Comment