Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Clear Channel - Day 34

Another audition today.  Haven't heard anything yet.  As in sales, they say every no moves you closer to a yes.  I expect to get every job, but that's just not feasible.  It does seem like I should have booked something by now.  I'm really trying very hard not to fall into a place of lack.  I want to stay in gratitude and appreciation, but it's difficult sometimes.  I appreciate all the auditions I have, especially when I talk to actor friends who are not getting out at all.  I have a friend who posted on facebook last week that he just did his first TV spot in two years.  I am grateful that I don't know what that feels like.  I am also grateful to have an awesome manager who I know works his butt off for me and believes in me with all his heart and soul.  So why do I feel like I'm letting him down if I don't book every job.  That's just silly.  Nobody does that.  It doesn't even make sense to try to figure it all out.  This is not a business of logic.  I was talking to my Mom today and told her that my schedule was too free to book right now.  I have a "when it rains it pours" kind of career.  So just when I have more on my plate than I can handle, I will book 2 or 3 jobs and somehow be able to juggle them all.  Guess I better use this down time to rest up.  Although, it's not like I have nothing to do.  I am busy every minute of the day and before I know it, it's time to go to bed and I still have things to do. 
I am also grateful to have a feature film coming out soon.  The Back-Up Plan starring Jennifer Lopez.  I have some friends who have seen it, liked it and said good things about my performance.  I always love having something fun to look forward to. 
Got a great family photo from my friend Roni today.  She's a teacher and mother of 3 boys (but from this picture they look like men now).  Where does the time go?  That picture made my day and reminds me of how precious life is.  I'm going to give Roni a call tomorrow on my way to yet another audition.

1 comment: