Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A Clear Channel - Day 41

It's been said that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
So I am in the process of flipping the script on my relationship with food.  I've already started and Lord it's amazing how many things have become clear to me.  It feels like food had become my best friend and we are now breaking up.  There's a sense of sadness about all this.  Because I have a very specific way of eating right now, I notice that I habitually reached for food when I was upset, angry, bored as well as to celebrate, hang out with friends etc.  I actually accepted invitations based on whether or not there would be food there.  I've even gone out with people because they were buying me dinner.  Now that's insane.
My whole schedule has changed.  I now start my day at 6AM. Whaaat??? That means I can't stay up all night long anymore.  Yikes.  I feel so much more creative at night and seem to get more done, but because there's no more late night snacking, I will probably want to go to bed earlier.
I'm such a free spirit, I'm really out of my comfort zone with all this structure and discipline but that's the only way I know to get the results I want.  There's another saying that goes something like this:  When you see someone who has the success that you want, you have to be willing to do what they've done to get it. That's what I have done.  I now have two mentors, one in the area of food and one in the area of my finances. I listen to their stories and I do what they tell me to do.
If you want to be successful, hang out and learn from successful people.

No comments:

Post a Comment