Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Clear Channel - Day 48

It's clear to me that this new food plan is not going to work. Every day for one week I've called a perfect stranger at 6AM so that she could tell me what or what not to eat and at what time. What? I must have been temporary insane. It seemed like a good idea at the time but this week, as I plan for major auditions, a TV shoot on Wednesday and performance on Thurs. it isn't so appealing anymore. I'm an artist and I stay up late. I'm grown and I do what I want. There's got to be a better way. Now that I have all these great food tips, it's time to add some movement. I think I'd like to get a dog. A cute little hypo-allergenic puppy. I know it's a lot of responsibility, but it could be good for me on so many levels. There, I've put it out into the universe. Let's see what comes back.
This morning I had an audition for a major role in a Corbin Bernsen film. He's producer, writer, director and star of the film. He even read the audition sides with me. The casting director usually does that. I complimented him on the script and that turned into a long chat before I even auditioned. It felt OK, I always feel like I could do better even when I know I nailed it. No matter what I am grateful to be in the company of Rolonda Watts and Charlayne Woodard for this role. Parking on the Paramount lot and walking to the casting office, I basked in the warmth of Hollywood. I love my work.
Then I went to rehearse a bit for my solo show before driving to the Disney lot for my wardrobe fitting. Somewhere in between my friend Andrea called and said she had an extra ticket for.....wait for it....the Black Eyed Peas!!!! Whaaat?!?!?! I was supposed to go to Leimert Park and do an excerpt of the excerpt of my solo show and I played hooky!! Can't pass up the BEP's. And what a pleasant surprise....Ludacris was the middle act! There's something about him I like...smart businessman and I've heard a really nice guy. The Staples Center was packed....such a diverse crowd...lots of kids, women...not a lot of Black people. Interesting mix. I can't help but wonder, at what point in my career would I ever be able to draw a crowd that size? Guess I'll have to start with a vision..."If you build it, they will come".

No comments:

Post a Comment